A Call for Breweries Across the Country
to Take the People Power Pledge.
For almost a century the ACLU has defended our Constitution in the courts. Recently, they coupled those legal efforts with PeoplePower, a grassroots movement to galvanize meaningful policy change at both the local and national levels.
This idea inspired many of the nation's craft brewers to create their own interpretation of People Power Beer, in support of the ACLU and their essential work.
Our brewery pledges to support the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) by bolstering their grassroots People Power initiative to champion voting rights. This program is designed to empower people with the tools and capacity to organize locally to protect grave threats to our civil liberties. We will show our support by brewing a beer eponymously named People Power and proudly donating 10% of the purchase price of that beer to the ACLU.
Why would a brewery focus on civil rights threats in our culture? We brew beer for the moments we celebrate and the way it brings people together. Throughout the nation, breweries are pillars in local communities, creating gathering places in our neighborhoods. As we are uniquely positioned to raise awareness and bolster civic engagement, we feel a moral imperative and a patriotic duty to act.
We are choosing to help support the ACLU's tireless efforts in affirming the protections afforded by our constitution and by the spirit of that document to protect the rights of all. We’ve seen first-hand, the strength that a united community can harness.
We invite other brewers to join us in protecting the most vulnerable in our society by taking this pledge and brewing their own interpretation of People Power beer and donating 10% to the ACLU. The outcome will be a nationwide cornucopia of brews, designs, events and other inspired activations. Like the power of the people itself, expression comes in endless forms and sprouts from the ground up. As brewers, we will do our best to ferment and foment this creativity and commitment.
The below craft breweries from across the country will be launching their People Power brews from July 4th through Election Day (November 6th) in conjunction with the ACLU’s “Let People Vote” People Power campaign, which is working to expand access to the ballot in all 50 states.
Join us as we dare to craft a more perfect union.
- 12 West Brewing Co. (Gilbert, AZ)
- Actual Brewing Co. (Columbus, OH)
- Aeronaut Brewing Co. (Somerville, MA)
- Alarmist Brewing (Chicago, IL)
- Alewife Brewing Co. (Queens, NY)
- Alvarado Street Brewery (Monterey, CA)
- Aslin Brewing (Herndon, VA)
- Bearded Iris (Nashville, TN)
- Big Elm Brewing (Sheffield, MA)
- Brew Bus Brewing (Tampa, FL)
- The Brewers Collective Beer Co (Bay Shore, NY)
- Burial Beer Co. (Asheville, NC)
- Burnt City Brewing (Chicago, IL)
- Clandestine Brewing (San Jose, CA)
- Cloudburst Brewing (Seattle, WA)
- The Collective Brewing Project (Fort Worth, TX)
- Columbia Craft Brewing Company (Columbia, SC)
- Community Beer Works (Buffalo, NY)
- Courtyard Brewery (New Orleans, LA)
- Crane Brewing Company (Raytown, MO)
- Dark City Brewing (Asbury Park, NJ)
- East End Brewing Co. (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Eastern Market Brewing Co. (Detroit, MI)
- Fair State Brewing Cooperative (Minneapolis, MN)
- Fernson Brewing Company (Sioux Falls, SD)
- Fieldwork Brewing Co. (Berkeley, CA)
- Finback Brewing (Glendale, NY)
- Fullsteam Brewery (Durham, NC)
- Goodfire Brewing Company (Portland, ME)
- Hanging Hills Brewing Company (Hartford, CT)
- Highland Park Brewery (Los Angeles, CA)
- HiHo Brewing Co. (Cuyahoga Falls, OH)
- Homebrew in Paradise (Honolulu, HI)
- Hopewell Brewing Co. (Chicago, IL)
- Icarus Brewing (Lakewood, NJ)
- Industrial Arts Brewing Company (Garnerville, NY)
- Interboro Spirits and Ales (Brooklyn, NY)
- Island to Island Brewery (Brooklyn, NY)
- Kent Falls Brewing Co (Kent, CT)
- KCBC (Brooklyn, NY)
- Lady Justice Brewing (Mountain View, CO)
- Little Fish Brewing Company (Athens, OH)
- Look Long Brewing Co. (Portland, OR)
- Metal Monkey Brewing (Romeoville, IL)
- Middle Brow Beer Co. (Chicago, IL)
- Mikkeller (Flushing, NY - San Diego, CA)
- Mill House Brewing Company (Poughkeepsie, NY)
- Moderation Brewing (Brunswick, ME)
- Morgantown Brewing Company (Morgantown, WV)
- New City Brewery (Easthampton, MA)
- New Park Brewing (West Hartford, CT)
- Prison City Brewing (Auburn, NY)
- Resident Culture Brewing Company (Charlotte, NC)
- Rockaway Brewing Company (Long Island City, NY)
- Seventh Son Brewing (Columbus, OH)
- Sketchbook Brewing Co. (Evanston, IL)
- Strong Rope Brewery (Brooklyn, NY)
- Thin Man Brewery (Buffalo, NY)
- Three Stars (Washington, DC)
- Threes Brewing (Brooklyn, NY)
- Trophy Brewing Company (Raleigh, NC)
- Werk Force Brewing Co. (Plainfield, IL)